Registration as a Member
What are the benefits of becoming an IDSK Member?
As a member of IDSK you will:
- Receive first priority in attending IDSK organised conferences and events
- Receive a discount on all IDSK organised events
- Be eligible to receive a scholarship to attend conferences to present on infectious disease topics of interest
- Receive monthly updates on ongoing infectious disease related conferences and funding opportunities available in Kenya
- Be eligible to participate and vote in the annual general meetings (only possible for professional members)
What are the requirements?
Any individual working or studying in the human or one health related field in Kenya is eligible to apply.
Members must have higher education training or be enrolled in an institution of higher learning.
- Professional Members: Persons who are health professionals with an interest in infectious diseases and have post graduate infectious disease training. Professional members can vote, hold officer positions and serve on the board of directors.
- Affiliate Members: Members who do not meet the criteria for professional members but have an interest in ID. This group also includes students. These members do not vote, cannot hold officer positions and cannot be part of board of directors.
- Associate Members: Individuals who are employees of pharmaceutical or laboratory equipment companies who are members due to their association with these companies. These members do not vote, cannot hold officer positions and cannot be part of board of directors.
How much does it cost?
The 2019 Membership costs:
- Professional Members - Kshs. 2,500
- Affiliate Members - Kshs. 1,000
- Associate Members - Kshs. 2,500
How long does Membership last?
The 2019 membership is valid from January to December, 2019.
How do I join?
Please fill in the form below in order to complete your 2019 membership registration with the Infectious Diseases Society of Kenya for the year 2019.
Before you complete the form please make an MPESA payment to the IDSK bank account (pay bill business number 303030, account number 2033091292). Please keep note of the mobile number used to make the MPESA payment. You will receive an email confirmation of your registration and payment within 4 weeks. If you have any difficulties with registration contact the secretariat at email@example.com
Welcome to IDSK!